Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Did You Know: The Green Earth Office Schedule

"Did You Know" is our new series of blog posts by Melissa about Green Earth Organics: how it works, how you can do more with your account, etc.

In the Green Earth Organics office, we get the occasional question about who is working (OK, I get questions about why I'm sending out emails at 6 AM on a Sunday and Esther gets asked if I still work here), so I thought I'd let everyone know who is working and when and why.

I'm the full-time office manager and member services representative. Since I do the majority of the paperwork for the deliveries and the paperwork has to be done the day before the delivery day, I work Sundays through Thursdays to prepare the paperwork for Mondays through Fridays. On Sundays, I work from home and set my own hours. I'm a morning person, so it isn't unusual for me to be answering emails at the crack of dawn. On Sundays, I respond to emails, prepare the paperwork, and place our Monday orders with our daily suppliers, like the Artisan Bake Shoppe. I check the voicemails but often wait until Monday to call people back unless the matter is urgent, as I like to respect people's weekends.

I work in the office Mondays through Thursdays. On Tuesdays, my part-time co-worker, Esther, also works in the office. On Tuesdays, she takes care of the majority of the emails, phone calls, and daily paperwork, leaving me to focus on weekly tasks like inventories, launching new products, and blog posts.

On Fridays, Esther's in the office without me. There's no daily paperwork to be prepared on Friday, since Monday's paperwork can't be started until after 9 AM on Sunday, so she answers emails and phone calls, as well as works on the monthly email newsletter and updates our FaceBook and Twitter accounts.

When I take vacation time, Esther will be in more days while I'm gone and Dan, the company owner, may fill in on any days she can't work. We're a small company and we all fill-in for each other once in a while.

If you need any help with your bin or delivery schedule or have any questions about our products or service, you can reach Esther and I at info@greenearthorganics.com and at 604-708-2345. At least one of us is in the office from 8 AM to 4 PM, Mondays through Thursdays, and 8 AM to noon on Fridays.

No comments: