Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Changes to Product Categories

In the Green Earth Organics' office, we're always trying to make our website easier to use for both our members and ourselves. Our wonderful website programmers recently added the ability for us to edit the categories and sub-categories on our website (e.g., Beverages is the category and Juices is a sub-category of Beverages).

As I edited the category names to more closely match their contents, I began to notice a lot of items that were in multiple categories that they didn't necessarily fit into very well. I ended up moving a lot of things around and creating some new categories. Esther and I had extensive discussions along the lines of "Is salsa a Snack or a Grocery?" (conclusion: both) and "Where does apple sauce belong?" (conclusion: Jams & Spreads).

The biggest change is probably to the Bread & Cereal category. We had four pages of cold cereals, so I have sub-divided them into Granolas, including both Granola King and Nature's Path products, EcoPac Cereals & Granolas, for all of Nature's Path large bag cereals, and Cold Cereals, which is everything else you want in your morning cereal bowl.

Hopefully I have only made everything easier to find, but if you are having trouble finding your favourite product, please let me know and I will re-categorize as needed.

If you have any feedback about our website organization or the products we offer, please feel free to comment here or give us a call (604-708-2345) or email (info@greenearthorganics.com).

Thank you for being a member of Green Earth Organics!

No comments: